We are all concerned about the current health of the environment and people, as well as the well-being of our descendants.
The air we breathe is also produced by forests and what has happened in the last 27 years does not give us any hope for a better one.
“Rotary Planting” is a large-scale project of District 2241, with a major and constant impact over time. Many clubs and maybe even districts around the world do such things. The Rotary Foundation Trustees and Rotary International Board of Directors have both unanimously approved adding a new area of focus: supporting the environment.
We cannot remain impassive knowing that since the summer of last year Tera has officially entered a deficit in oxygen production relative to world consumption.
Our mission is to involve the public, civil society, the authorities, the media, sponsors and other voluntary organizations in the protection and growth of forests.
- National media impact with effect on civil society;
- Concrete administrative-political effect, practical but with short, medium and long term results;
- Education of young people and students in schools (effect enhanced by the involvement of Interact and Rotaract);
- Mobilizing public opinion;
- Encouraging other new organizations in protecting and planting forests;
- Reducing illegal logging.
Support this project and buy a tree.